Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baby Elephant

I wish I could sit here and tell you that I feel 100% comfortable in my skin but the truth is, I feel a bit like I've got this MUCH BIGGER version of myself that wants to explode out of my skin much like something out of a truly awful Science Fiction film. I guess it all started way back when I was a million times taller than everyone else in middle school. Let's be honest, no one is pretty in Middle School but I was especially awkward. I was 900 feet tall while everyone else (boys and girls) was a cute 5'2"; I made a very bold choice in cutting ALL of my hair off which was a totally foreign concept to the middle school norm of wearing your hair past your shoulders; I had a mouth full of braces that again I made a very bold choice in choosing TEAL and PURPLE rubber bands to go on them and to top all of this off, I wore sweater vests. A lot. All this to say, that I think it was then that I began to feel a smidge out of place and that has just evolved into my adult life.

Fast Forward about 10 years when I got out of college. I started working and sitting in front of a computer all the time. Gone were the days of bad sweater vests, braces and awkward haircuts, but enter the days of packing on 30+ pounds to my frame. It was then that I started on Weight Watchers. I successfully lost the weight and once again was back to feeling somewhat comfortable. Glorious Glorious Days!

Well, I'm here to tell you I'm back to battling my weight and it's true what they say: it only gets harder and harder as you get older. 3 years ago, it took hardwork and dedication but the pounds started to come off almost immediately. Not this time folks. I have been on Weight Watchers again for about 5 weeks and when I stepped on the scale this morning, I had only lost 3 MEASLY POUNDS. 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to throw my scale out the window and go into the kitchen and start stuffing my face. I was livid. I have been working out with my trainer, working out on my own, eating smart ones, eliminating soda, boxing up half my meals at restaurants, and doing just about EVERYTHING that I can think of to do. The only possible explanation I can come up with is that my body has not evolved like the rest of the human race and I am still storing up fat for the winter like a cave woman.

I can't seem to get over the hump. I suppose my only option is to keep plugging away at it and marching to the beat of the Baby Elephant Walk and hope that the pounds will eventually come off….

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

 

My Life as a Jackass | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates