Friday, July 23, 2010

If you weren’t aware

The most joyous time of the year is upon us! Going on right now, all across this great nation and the rest of the world, an event is occurring simultaneously that brings joy and excitement to many lives. It is a time for reflection, sacrifice, and giving. This is a most sacred event and I for one prepare myself for this time of year months ahead of time.

What time of year is it, you might be wondering?? It's not Christmas, or Easter, or Passover, or Yom Kippur. It's not Thanksgiving or any of the other myriad of holidays we celebrate and the moon isn't in the seventh house (or if it is, I have no idea…I don't pay attention to that kind of thing). So what could it be??

Well, I'll tell you.

It is the Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every year the retail store decides to honor its customer loyalty with a GIGANTIC sale. As if this retail giant doesn't do enough for their customers (I love Nordstroms and their amazing customer service, but that's a post for another day…), the sale isn't simply on the leftovers of last year. It is all wonderful, shiny, new FALL CLOTHES. And the discounts are pretty outrageous. I'm beyond excited about it. So far, I've done three mini shopping sprees and picked up these boots, this bracelet (in two different colors), this wonderful piece, and these yummy things. I plan on going back again this weekend. There are so many beautiful things for fall and I'm doing a closet re-vamp so this sale has come at the perfect time!

The reason for the closet re-vamp is I've discovered that my style is evolving lately. I seem to be moving away from the polo days of yore and walking confidently into what I can best describe as my Edgy Feminine stage of life. Don't worry, I'm not going Biker Chick or anything ridiculous. My ass would never look good that spread out on the back of a bike but I have developed a serious addiction to mixing rough textures with beautifully soft accessories or vice versa. I just feel like it is a surprising mix of being tough but being a lady and that seems to be my whole goal in life right now. Maybe not "watch-out-for-me-in-a-dark-alley-or-I'll-whoop-your-ass" tough, but business tough and maybe a little bit tougher in my personal life (I'll talk more about that later). I admire really strong women who stand up for what they believe in even if it isn't popular and I guess my new dress code is an outward manifestation of what I hope is occurring inside.

I have this dream outfit and I'm fairly certain I can make it happen. Imagine this: impossibly high black heels paired with a old school silk pantyhose that have the seam in the back (SO SEXY) a black leather pencil skirt and a soft cream silk blouse and red lips (I'm still looking for MY red lipstick but again that is a post for another day). I feel like if I could find this dream outfit, I could own the world. So there's a little peak into what you might be seeing in my closet this season. I've been inspired by the wonderful leather accessories that are out there this year and I'm afraid I might just like being a little bit edgy.


 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

 

My Life as a Jackass | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates